Friday, December 22, 2006

I've Lost Something....

I know what you're thinking. I haven't lost my mind - not totally anyway. I've also not lost my decency or common sense. Nope, it's a little more near and dear to me.

I've lost my belly button.

How did I get here? It's not hard. I had an umbilical hernia. In the interest of TMI, I'll spare the details. Today, in the operating room, the doctor said "How attached are you to your belly button?". I said "not really". He said "Ok - it's gone". Just like that.

I'm not upset or anything. After birth, the belly button is pretty much useless. It collects lint, and whatnot, but that's a service I really don't need anymore.

I haven't seen it yet. It's hidden under dressings that must stay on until Sunday. It's just going to be weird to see it gone.

Does this mean I'm an alien now? :O

No comments: